Apple CarPlay Setup
HOW TO SETUP APPLE CARPLAY
CarPlay™ is the smarter, more secure way to use your iPhone in your car. Available as part of BMW ConnectedDrive, Apple CarPlay seamlessly integrates your iPhone to BMW’s iDrive 7 operating system. Messages, calls, Apple Maps and music are shown on the center display similarly to how they appear on your iPhone, allowing you to stay focused on the road and adding to the ultimate driving experience.
Step-by-step Apple CarPlay Setup Guide:
Available on all BMW models with the iDrive 7 system, Apple CarPlay is the best way to connect your Apple iPhone to your new BMW. Follow this easy step-by-step guide, or watch the video above to pair your Apple iPhone to your new 2019 BMW with Apple CarPlay.
- Make sure Bluetooth, WiFi, and Siri are activated on your iPhone.
- On left side of your iDrive 7 screen, press COM > Mobile Devices > New Device > Phone calls and audio. The system is now discoverable from your iPhone, and may display nearby devices.
- On your iPhone, select your BMW from the Bluetooth menu. The two will now begin pairing, and your iDrive 7 screen will confirm the pairing request.
- Confirm the PIN displayed on your iDrive 7 and iPhone screens match, then press Yes.
- Select the option to connect to Apple CarPlay on your iDrive 7 screen. Your iPhone and BMW iDrive 7 system are now connected via Apple CarPlay.
For more information on your BMW iDrive 7 system, or how to pair your devices with Bluetooth, please feel free to contact us to speak with a knowledgeable team member.